Monday 30 June 2014

FASHOLA CLOSES PRY SCHOOL 'CAUSE OF LAND USE CHARGES!


I was surprised this morning when I walked past GRA Primary school as I usually do when I go to work and I saw that the rumbustious kids with the striped green uniforms were nowhere to be found. I almost walked past when I noticed a document pasted on the school gate.


I was curious to know why the gate was shut and pupils not in school. I moved over the gutters and got my eyes fixed on the not too conspicuous document on the gate and to my utmost amazement; the school was shut down by the Lagos State Government because of unpaid Land Use Charges.

In the words of Patrick Obahiagbon, “I was maniacally bewildered” at the preposteriosity of the state government in shutting down a primary school just because some kind of money wasn’t paid. This wasn’t even a private school, it’s a public school owned by the state government and they had the effrontery to deny this indigent pupils right to education because of some flimsy land use charges unpaid.

It goes to show that conspiracy theorist with the idea that this present government is bent on de-educating the masses so that they can keep holding sway over future say could be right after all.

Or what else could we call all these shenanigan acts of maltreating and senselessly showing off power in the name of taxing the whole state to stupor? LASU fee was recently reduced not because the government cared about the students and their future but because suddenly reality call is dawning on them. APC lost in Ekiti State and it wasn’t far from the fact that teachers, students and civil servants were tired of the over-burdening of its work force in the name of development.

I implore all government officials directly or indirectly involved and in charge of GRA Primary School on Adekunle Fajuyi way Ikeja to quickly revert this act of shutting down a primary school because of Land Use Charges. This is really insensitive and makes no political, social or psychological sense. Those kids should just be in school studying and by no means should they be shut out of school except for security reasons.


Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment