Wednesday 8 October 2014

I Still Love Her But….


My name is Daniel. I hail from Edo State but was born and breed in Lagos. I grew up in one of those shacks in Ajegunle, you can call me street urchin few years back. I did all the normal stuffs that a young teenage boy would do but I didn't steal.

I remember that my mother would always tell us to do everything possible not to soil the family name. There was not much about the family name though because my father was just a mechanic and my mother did every other thing to support him. It was a family of 4, three boys and a girl.
Whilst doing my thing, on the street, I met a very pretty girl from the ghetto who simply blew my mind away. Amina was that type of girl that walks into a room and lights up the place. She was beautiful, respectful and kind hearted.

I was on her case for a while and after about 4 months she officially said yes to me. My world seemed complete as I took her to every show that I went to just to show her off. We were so close that people had started saying that we looked alike and I took her home few times.

I was about 22 years of age at the time and she was 18. My mother always warned me that I should be careful with her because she wasn't ready to carry a grand child out of wedlock. I didn't care; I was so in love with that I was ready to damn all consequences.

After several months, she started asking me for money to make her hair or simply buy cloths. That was when I realized that since we have been dating, I never gave her a dime. I was young, gullible and poor so I didn't understand the idea of giving a girl money. She told me that other guys were offering her money to date her but she loves me so she can’t. I was happy but at the time I was so poor, sometimes I had to go out of the hood just to beg for money to feed.

After some time, I noticed that Amina’s attitude started to change towards me. She wasn't happy being with me any longer. She would complain so much and tell me that I wasn't caring. I didn't know that she had started another relationship and she was looking for a way to exit. One of the days that we argued and she screamed on me, I slapped her. That was the first time I ever raised my hands on her but she quickly used that as an excuse and broke up with me. Right there in my presence she called her boyfriend and that one came with a bike to pick her.

I later heard that the boy drives ‘okada’ and he spends a lot on her. I was so devastated. I had never felt so much anguish as I felt that day. I was considering suicide because this was a girl that I loved so much. My sister laughed at me because I was crying like a baby when I got home that night. My mother comforted me and it was an awkward scenario but I just couldn't stop crying. That was how much I love Amina.

Fast Forward }}}}}}

2014.

I came back from Spain last week and after 2 days with my mother in Ajegunle whilst visiting, I saw Amina again. She still looks ravishingly beautiful and my heart skipped a beat for her. You see, after the whole saga of heart breaks, I made up my mind that I would never love again. I channeled all my energy into my hustle. I got a break sometime in 2012 and had the opportunity to travel to Spain for a football trial in Catalonia. I was retained and I have been there for two years now making my cool cash.

I am presently not in love with any woman but after my research about Amina (we chatted briefly and exchanged contacts), I discovered that she has a baby with another guy but not in a serious relationship.

I still love her but my mother has warned me that dating or marrying Amina will be a distraction to my path. I am so confused and don’t know what to do. I still love her but every time I disobeyed my mother, I see consequences.


What should I do? Follow love and marry her or obey my mother and ignore her? I need answers pleassssssssse!

No comments:

Post a Comment