Friday 10 October 2014

3 Things Marriage Turns You into – For Men Only


Yeah, I know a lot of you guys have been waiting for the juicy tales of my marriage life and the truth is that it is juicy indeed. I am married to one of the sweetest lady in the world. It sounds like a cliché I know but the word ‘sweetest’ does her no justice as to what she really is.



I remembered few years ago when I was praying for a wife, I told God that I wanted a friend, a sister and a lover. God gave me a friend, sister, lover, confidant, mother and wife. Don’t ever go into conjugal commitment without involving God your maker. He looks into the future and sees the right fix for you.

Okay, I don’t want to sound like a preacher but the truth is I would have married someone else and maybe I would have been happier than I am right now or very sad; I would never know. But what I feel deep inside of me is that of satisfaction, fulfillment and joy as it stands.
If this is sorted, there are 3 things marriage can turn you into and I will quickly like to share with you before I get consummated with office work.

1)      Team Player:

As bachelor, we grow into character that consults less before taking action. In fact some of us don’t need to consult anyone before doing what we used to do. We can come home when we like, go hang out with friends at leisure time, stay long in parents place et al. Once you are married, psssst, sorry bro, you can’t do ‘em things no more.
Apart from the fact that you are obliged to be with your wife (almost) all the time, if you guys love each other, it will be something you want to do. Marriage makes a man become a team player. You consult with wiffy, contract her on issues and contain your excesses as a man. Trust me; it is not a natural thing to do.

Sometimes she is in the kitchen and all she wants is that I stay with her there chatting so as to make her work easier. She tells me often that ‘after all, shebi it is our food she is making’. Meanwhile, I have a football match to watch and I’m like “what tha ****”, cant a man just be?” Trust me bro, you can’t just be no more, you are now a MARRIED man (Team Player)

2)      Leader:

Yeah, don’t get it twisted, if you have never held a position of authority before this time, once you marry, you automatically become the Head, Leader and Front person of your family. Or why else do you think the lady dropped her own father’s name and picked up yours?

Leader!

Chaiiii, when I think about the things I must do for my family, sometimes I shudder! Sometimes I pinch myself to remind myself that I am now married ooooooooooo! Is it true? Really true that I now have someone I must love, and care for, take her interest first before mine and protect? And when the answer is yes, I gird my loins and know there’s work to do.

To be led is easy but to lead needs tact, focus determination and vision. The good book says, ‘A good man leaves an inheritance for his children…’ but sometimes when you consider the situation of the country and its attendant economic Topsy turvy, you just sigh and wish things were different. That thought however, is the easy way out! When things are hardest, that is when a man’s ingenuity and leadership qualities should shine, meander the interstices (Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon no go kill me) and berth the family ship on the Utopian quay.

I once spoke to a man that is really wealthy today and he told me that when he got married, he had nothing. He leveraged on his wife’s support, worked hard, prayed and led well. Today, I am a living testimony to the kind of wealth he has.

Some men can be very aggressive when they don’t have much. They think being hard and strict will cover their financial lapses but the truth is if you want to remain happy in your home irrespective of financial (in) capabilities, a good man must remain a good leader. Open, free, loving, and caring; and communication must not cease at any point.

(Talking of communication, I haven’t called my wife today oooooo… I need to call her NOW *wink*)

A husband is a leader, first of himself and then of his home.

3)      Servant:

Yeah, contradicting right? Who do you think a leader is? He is simply a glorified servant. If a man can’t bend sometimes and do what your wife is normally supposed to do, then you will suck out the juice in your marriage.

Let me give you an example. My wife called me one day while driving home and begged me to help her go to the market and get her some stuffs. She didn't even wait for my response if I was going to heed to her plea or not, she then ended the call. I deliberated on the thought for a while and said to myself, “Why should I (a MAN) go to the market?”That egoistic tendencies crept in and I laughed and kept driving but then I thought about it, what will it take away from me? Will I be less a man if I took just few minutes to get what ‘both’ of us will need in the house? Also, since the market was on my way home, if I help her get what she wants, that means she owes me a favour too since I heeded to her plea *wink*.

This gesture also brings a bond that words can’t explain. Helping and serving your woman is the ultimate a man can achieve. It breeds bond, creates peace and make you live longer in this world! (Oh, so you have not read the research that a happy wife is a happy home and a happy home is long life for the man?) Abegi, I no wan die now, I have a lot to still enjoy before I heed the ancestors call.

So while you ponder on these words, remember; the home is not a place for POWER. You can seek for power in political parties, office, peer groups or even religious gathering but the home has an official organogram from inception; Man, Woman and Children. If everyone recognizes his or her position and play their part well, you will have a family that will be the envy of the world; like MY FAMILY *wink*.

Does it mean I am always happy and we don’t ever have issues? Hahahahahahahahahahaha, as I write this, remember I said I have not called my wife for a while, yea, yea, we are fighting. We didn't talk to each other since last night *sobs*. But T.G.I.F because that amounts to Lekki leisure Movie time, she can’t resist that!



I know how to make my woman smile, do you?

NB

On Monday next week, I will write about 3 things marriage turns a lady into also. That should be an interesting read as well. Please drop your comments below and don't forget to share and like this article if you enjoyed it. *wink*

12 comments:

  1. I love the way you write mr Mike atols... thanks for this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed, I am also experiencing that change bro. Been married for two years now and I can rightly say that if a man leads well, he will enjoy his home. Nice write up bro. Keep the ink flowing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great that you shared. I appreciate

      Delete
  3. Nice one. very interesting. both i think the background of your template is too black. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, well, black is not a colour, its an attitude *Olamide's Voice* Just kidding, On mobile its actually very nice. Thanks for the update, I will work on it.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Nice one mr atoloye mike, I love ur spirit, if only all men can practice it in their marriage and realize their too have a part to play in d home am sure we will have less divorces case. May God bless ur marriage IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one Mr Atols... its a must read for every guy that wants a happy home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Let's get the guys to read it then.

      Delete