Monday 17 March 2014

THE SEXY IMMIGRATION OFFICER

Guess what? Let us look at the brighter side of life. My niece went for the Nigerian Immigration Service recruitment exercise and someone said to me, "Are you serious? B***i, went for the NIS recruitment too? Hahahahaha, (she laughed) she would have been a sexy immigration officer"

This got me thinking! 

My niece is very pretty indeed but of course her beauty is not the main issue here. She studied Accounting at Covenant University, Ota and one would have expected that an organisation like NIS would be unattractive to someone like her. That is indeed in the past. Nowadays, you find masters degree holder from an international university being offered jobs less than $1000 dollars a month. Its queer too I guess.

So, she dressed up in white and white (all of them that came for the employment exercise had nostalgia of NYSC days) yet, wearing of 'em white clothing, according to NIS directorate, was never required in the first place. Just like it is norm in Nigeria, fake and hurriedly cooked up information goes viral in a jiffy and no one stops to ask questions.

So I imagine. If my niece got the job in NIS and she is posted to, let's say the border between Cameroon and Borno to stop shipments of contraband humans (boko haram's)  frolicking into the country? How would she look like in an Immigration Uniform? Would she be carrying a gun? Knowing her knack for well manicured nails and latest designers bag and Chanel cologne, she would have been well suited for the job wouldn’t she?

I laugh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment