Friday 21 March 2014

EXCUSE ME PLEASE, CAN YOU ALLOW OTHERS USE THE ATM?

Have you ever been in a hurry and you really need to use the ATM (Automatic Teller Machine) yet out of 4 machines in the bank premises, only one is working but someone commandeers it and doesn't care if the queue is as long as the rope for drawing water from the well?

Oh yea, I am sure if you live in Nigeria you might have experienced it or you may just be one of those people that do it. Hahahaha, I laugh at you.
So this morning, I was contemplating whether I should go to work or not (I hope my boss doesn't read my blog) and that was because I have a speech to give tomorrow in an auspicious event that will have the First Lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dame Patience Goodluck Jonathan (you don’t believe me do you? Hahaha, Pictures will convince you okwei?) and the National Chairman of PDP, Adamu Mu'azu, past National Chairman Dr Bamanga Tukur and many more dignitaries and political figures.
So I am trying to prep up myself for the event but on second thoughts I know I am very good at multitasking and because my boss pays my monthly salary for now, I can't give excuses so I woke up late and dressed up. Suddenly I remembered that he asked us to resume early today because we have a deadline to beat. OMG!!!
I rushed to the ATM and alas, these young lady just stood there so comfortable on the machine and kept taking money that could have been withdrawn in one input. Ok, I agree I was impatient but she was sluggish as well. She kept paying for bills, withdrawing money and cared less about the line that had started growing in leaps.
Excuse me sister, can we please use the ATM too? My voice rang into the morning space contested only by the conductor's voice that cried out for commuters attention. She looked at me, frowned and turned to face the ATM as if I just disturbed her from her sleep. Resumed her inputs and after 3 minutes (yea, I kept checking my wrist watch) she came looking unsatisfied.
You just can't commandeer the public ATM especially when you've got people waiting also to use it. It wasn't fun watching her watch me. She hissed pass me and if I was in my good mood, I would have tongue lashed her into oblivion (trust me, I'm an MC, I know how to tongue lash) but I thought against it because I needed to stay upbeat and positive because of my assignment for tomorrow.
Word of advice; if you have to use the ATM or any other public stuffs, be as fast as possible. Think about what you want to do before going there. Do it on time especially if you have crowd waiting in line.

N.B

I need ideas on what speech to give tomorrow. I scribbled down some stuffs but please if you can, send more stuffs for me. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment