Wednesday 28 May 2014

DEATH ROW RAGE DESTROYED MY LIFE!


Hello guys, I don’t know how to do this but I really feel like doing it. I don’t write about my story for the public to read but since I have been following Mike Atols Blog, I feel a need inside to share my own story too so that the world may see and learn from it.


My name is Chukwuka (not real name) and I love body building so I have very well trained muscles and strong biceps. I dropped out of school after my secondary school certificate and as much as I tried to continue, I just couldn't. My father used to sell okirika in Yaba and my mom was a petty trader likewise so money was not that forthcoming. We were the definition of poverty and growing up in Orile, I knew that I had to hustle hard if I wanted the good things of life. I am the first of 5 so the pressure was even more on me and I knew I had to be up and doing if not for my parents, at the least for my siblings.

I was engaged in many things my peers did; played football, basketball, swim, fight, box and sometimes when it is dark, we rob unsuspecting people that pass through the orile iganmu road. We did whatever we should do just to survive and I am not proud of some of the things that I did but I had to do it just to survive. At a point I played football so well that I was selected by a scout and he promised to send me to Sweden to join one of the academies there. I was ecstatic and I started gathering money for the paper work and for travelling.

When the time came, the scout told me to send the money which I did and he promised to finish the paperwork over there. After 3 weeks, I got a call from him and I was told to pack my stuffs and get ready to go to Sweden. You can imagine how happy my mother was and my friends too, although some of them were envious but they still wished me well. I was told to go to the Murtala International Airport that someone will be there to hand me the duly signed passport and travelling documents. 

When I got there, I met up with other guys whom the scout helped and we were all eager to travel. Everything was in place and before we boarded, I was handed a briefcase that I should drop with my scout when I get to Stockholm Airport before continuing the journey through taxi to the club situated at Gothenburg.

The instruction was not to open the case; in fact the locks were on so I couldn't even open it. I sailed through Nigerian customs and we took the flight to Stockholm and as I disembarked, the Swedish custom quickly rounded me off and took me to a holding room there in the airport. After 15 minutes, the suitcase was brought into the room and placed in front of me. After another 10 minutes an interpreter came and the interrogation started. Apparently, the suitcase had 55 pounds of hard drugs and I have been arrested for carrying cocaine into Sweden, the authorities told me. It was like a dream because I didn't even utter a word; I was too dumb founded. I was taken to a prison and after 6 months I was deported.

All through this ordeal, my agent had disappeared and it was a Good Samaritan that was offering free legal services to illegally detained foreigners that took interest in my case and made them agree to deport me back to Nigeria. I came back to my country and although my parents were happy, I was very bitter. It was like I have a curse following me and I was always angry and moody. I was always in the house and I refused to do anything. After a while I took interest in body building and I built my body to an extent that my dudes were even scared that I might hurt myself. I got a job as a bouncer in one of the high brow clubs in Victoria Island Lagos. I made some cool cash and I was gradually getting back my happiness.

All these happened and after 5 years, I finally got a girlfriend. She was lively and loving and I opened up to her about my past. She was an understanding person and I rented an apartment somewhere around Lagos Island so that I could be close to my place of work and close to her too. Apparently she is a call girl living in Lekki and I really didn't mind as long as she was doing her responsibilities to me as a girlfriend. After a while, I guess I had started being jealous and I demanded she stopped her line of business. She agreed but I found out that she was still into it and one day I decided to bust her since I had gathered enough information about how she secretly runs her parole.

I got to her place, busted the door open and guess who I saw in my girlfriend’s room and naked on the bed? My SCOUT! The same idiot that made me go through hell in Sweden. I recognised him immediately and he also remembered me. The kind of anger that came all over me in that instant is not explainable. I didn't know if I was angry that my girlfriend was sleeping around or that she was sleeping with my mortal enemy.

I grabbed a knife and stabbed him to death and as my girlfriend was screaming I simply hit her and she fell and hit her head on the wall and she died instantly. Doctor said it was shock combined with sudden hemorrhaging that caused her death. As I await my judgement here in kirikiri, I don’t feel any kind of remorse for the death of the scout, rather I feel justified because he made me go through hell in Swedish prisons and he deserved what came to him. I only feel pity for my girlfriend that had to pass away because I had begun to love her.


I hope my story can inspire someone and make them realize that no amount of rage can help you rather, let go of any pain and get help. I know it is not easy but if you don’t want to go through life like a cursed person, forgive people that hurt you; it’s not for them, it’s for YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment