Monday 16 June 2014

I KILLED SOMEONE, IT HAUNTS ME STILL


I don’t know if what am about to say/write about makes sense but ever since it happened to me, I have been stricken with sadness, grief and regrets. I am a Christian and I believe in God. Maybe I am not a regular born again type like I hear often but at least I do the rituals whenever I can. I pay my tithes, offering, church projects monies and so many more.

However, I have been saddened a lot after this incident happened and I just want to share it here on MAB and probably get some advice on what to do.
It happened few weeks back when I was driving to work, I was engrossed in my thinking and I was doing about 80 kmph. It was normal speed since I was on the highway.

All of a sudden I saw a guy running behind a parked danfo bus on the highway towards my speeding vehicle. I knew instantly that I was in for it. I slammed on the breaks but it was too late. I hit him so hard that he must have died while he was still in the air spinning to the hard concrete. My instinct was to wait but knowing how the mob might lynch me, I kept on with the initial speed and disappeared from the scene.

It was partly my fault and partly his. Maybe I shouldn’t have been going on such speed. Maybe I shouldn’t have gone through that route. Maybe I should have slammed on the break even harder. Just maybe! It’s his fault too because he could have used the pedestal bridge right in front of him. I don’t know why Nigerians cross the highway right under a pedestal bridge?


Ever since then I have been having nightmares. I can’t sleep at night knowing that I took a man’s life. It’s killing me right deep inside. Please help me, what do I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment