Thursday 7 August 2014

5 STEPS FOR INSTANT FOLLOWERSHIP ON INSTAGRAM


The world is finally arrived as a social media global space and the quicker you realize this and hook onto the potentiality of its vast market either as a brand, consumer or just onlooker, you are like going to get left behind in the sphere of modernity.


Generating likes and follower ship makes us all proud of some kind of achievement doesn't it? We feel like a star or celebrity any and every time some follows us back or make a comment on a post or picture.
So how do you quickly double the number of people who follow you on social media, especially INSTAGRAM? This guide is very exciting and can help you a lot. So I thought I should share likewise: *wink* edited from #SMW Social Media Week

1.      1.  Interact and Connect:
Connect all your social links to each other. For example, when I post from facebook, it automatically sends to my twitter, pinterest, yahoo and instagram. I mean when I post from any of my social media outlet, I can make it appear seamlessly on other network. This helps to avoid repeating what you share yet everyone can see it.
Interact by liking and commenting on others post and pictures. This gives you some kind of humane figure and you will gain exposure to potential followers. Also remember to always reply to comments because ‘thanks’ can go a long way.

2.    2.     #HashTagIt
The value of an hashtag is that even people not on your social network can locate your post or pictures and if they like it they can comment on it and probably follow you if your personality appeal to them. I remember a picture of my piano and microphone that I uploaded on my #instagram page and I got lot of comments and follows from friends that I would never have met. Hashtags like #love #music #ebola are trending words and when people search and find your pictures, they comment and like, then they FOLLOW you. *wink* the most famous word hashtagged was #love in 2013

3.      3.      Take it Easy
Don’t annoy your followers by posting too many too fast. They can get irritated and unfriend you. Be more tacit, post only valuable stuffs and don’t playgiarise. I remember when I first got my first blackberry and I had this babe I was wooing (of course she had hers for a while) and I would always chat her up telling her to reply me instantly. She got angry and deleted me several times because I was bugging her. I later realize that when you interact over social media, it is a little difficult to determine (not totally though) tone, reason(s) for delayed response and emotions. But it took me years to understand that.

4.      4.      Trending Topics
Make sure you are involved in hot topics that are trending, add valuable comments and not such that elicits anger from fellow commenter. Monitor the most popular photos on instagram to see what is popular at the moment and use that to plan your next post. Justin Beiber and Will Smith selfie was the most liked post in 2013 which generated 1.5 million likes.

5.      5.      Promote Page

Make sure you don’t leave your instagram page unused for too long. Promote it either on your physical store window (if you have a shop) for example, Accessories 2 Die For, a convenience store for jewelries is running an account on instagram and that generates more customers for them. Put it on your business cards, marketing materials, events pamphlet, and conversations with new friends and old ones too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment