Thursday 18 September 2014

MY JOURNEY: THE CHRONICLES OF A’TONE (part 2) conclusion


Dear child,

To conclude my chronicles to you, I have to let you know how I dealt with women. The ladies in my life were respected and loved. I would not say I was the best man they could ever have but trust me; a 100% of the ones I left or that left me wanted me back after the break-up. Why? Because I learnt never to shut the door every time I, or, they walked out!


I learnt early in life that we come/came into each other’s life for a reason and even if we are not together again, in the nearest future, I or she could be useful and that I have learnt valuable lessons of how not to treat my next relationship. Be firm my child but be kind.

Dear child,

I was in a local church for 4 years and after I had become the local champion of the assembly, I wanted to know how much I was loved. So I organized my own concert and tagged it PRESS P.L.A.Y (Praise Like A Youth) and after I had done everything to make it a success, the ones I thought were my friends and vision supporters were the ones going behind me to the local parish pastor to say all sort of things about me and the ulterior motive for the concert.

I was perplexed, angry and dejected. How can someone who calls me up anytime to send me on errand for the church suddenly sees that I was pursuing my own personal vision and decide to antagonize me? The least I expected was that such person will call me personally and tell me what I am doing wrong and corrections will be made? Reverse was the case.

But instead of keeping all the hate inside, I transformed and started my own branding. A'tone was born. He was a child of vision, a holistic approach to the stumbling block that is turned to stepping stone. Today, I am reaping benefits from my resilience and defiance to be cowed into subjection. 

Dear child,

If you put your trust in the arms of flesh, it will definitely fail you. Anyways, the concert was a huge success and there and then I knew it was time to leave the small time church with its senseless politicking and aim for the big thing. As soon as I left the church, after praying of course, and setting a test for them which the leadership of the church failed woefully, my biggest fears were eliminated.

Dear child,

Just after I left, I got a job, got a house, got a car, got a wife and I started my blog. For 4 years I was running with another vision which wasn’t mine. The moment I took up the gauntlet and realized it was time to run my race, the doors opened and I was personally surprised at the speed with which I gained momentum. The greatest eliminator of vision is the fear of the unknown, the deceiver called risk and the palpitations of the ticking time. I erased all that and jumped into the dark; apparently, if I didn’t, today, I wouldn’t have seen the light at the end of the tunnel.

My life is a miracle. I believed in the impossible. I feared no man, I respected no circumstances. I was firm on my belief that I am destined for the top even if the people around me kept saying the opposite and circumstances were obviously pointing towards the other direction. I am not there yet but only a fool will say they can’t see the path is now right.

Dear child,

If you would succeed in life, make choices that come from deep inside your heart. The truth is; it might contradict what others would be saying at the time but as long as it is from your heart, it is definitely right. The decision must be bereft of trying to hurt someone else and it must never be taken when you are very ANGRY.

Dear child,

I loved. I lived. I cried. I laughed. I lied sometimes, yeah I did. I hated. I appreciated. I danced a lot, ran a lot. I was the life of the party. I was a joker, a serious talker. I read everything I saw. I wanted to have an idea about every subject in the world. I left my heart open always and even sometimes I still ask, where is God? And every day I get answers because I am always in askance of the theories that established my being and my role in the universe. I am walking my path in the world and I know that I am not just existing; I am LIVING!

Dear child,


My final word to you is this; close your eyes and take the leap of faith. If you hit the floor hard, rise again and take another leap. At a point in time you will hit the waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment