Monday 15 September 2014

BE ALERT! YOUR ADVERSARIES ARE NOT RELENTING


To be sincere, I didn't plan to write on my blog today. I am so busy in the office right now and I have deadlines to beat so my blog was least on my schedule.
I am presently reading heavily on SEO’s and ‘optimizing’ the new exciting challenge that I've got to deal with and suddenly;

GBAM!

The alert hits my system. Credit alert on my GT Bank account. The sweet succinct smile that accompanies such awareness was enveloping my facial grid when I cautioned myself to look before leaping. I opened the email and right from the start something looked fishy!

Apart from the fact that I wasn’t expecting any cash bonus from my boss (we call him Asian man in black skin), I wasn’t also expecting any cash gift from anybody (not that I don’t have people who promised me and are yet to fulfill towards my wedding but I had told myself long time ago NEVER to lean on the vain promises of men), it wasn’t the end of the month likewise so WHAT?

What most gullible people would have done (and out of greed most times) would have been to follow instructions laid in the email thereby entering into financial hullabaloo. The reason isn’t farfetched! The email scammers promised mouth watering offer if I click on a link imbedded in the email.

The truth?

If I click on the link, my account would be hacked and monies siphoned. That is the bitter truth and you need to be smart or you could fall victim.

How to spot fake emails and links?

I am not a guru on internet stuffs but I am sure this tips will help. Let me share some knowledge here so that you can avoid URL potholes.

1.     The link is not secure if you see http:// and not https://, don’t CLICK!
2.     If you look at the URL in your email, you might see stuffs like .corn instead of .com; it is definitely FAKE!
3.     If the information is too good to be true, trust me, it is NOT true. For example, they might email you saying ‘you are a beneficiary to some kind of forgotten wealth’ and all you need to do is click on the imbedded link. DON’T!
4.     When sentences are not properly connected, words improperly spelt, etc; be rest assured that the email is fake. Remember, scam artists are mostly dropouts so they most likely would not know how to cross the t’s and dot the I’s.



See the email I got and look closely at the place I circled with red marker. 
see GeNs@gtbank.corn instead of .com

Sentence badly written. Shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment