Monday 12 May 2014

BEFORE YOU CRUCIFY ME, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME – THE CRY OF A LONELY GUY


I am guy of about 28 years of age, raised in Lagos though my parents hail from Anambra state. I attended primary, secondary and tertiary education here in Lagos State too. I grew up in a fairly middle-class family, my father a retired soldier and now partly a pastor in a church we have been attending for more than 30 years now (sometimes I feel like he’s a shareholder in the church) and my mother also a retired teacher.

I can bet with my life that they both gave us the best legacy any parents would give their children much to their capabilities. We are 5 in number and I am the 3rd born of 4 other sisters so I grew up among ladies apparently. Two of them are presently out of the country and as much as I tried, oyinbo has refused to give me visa. But that is not the issue. The issue I have to share has generated a lot of controversy in the country recently and when I listen to people give their own opinion I just smile.
While I was growing up, my parents employed a calabar boy as our house help because they were partly busy. We lived in the barracks most of the time and sometimes my father had to move a lot because of his posting so after both of them deliberated; they decided that a house help would be of help to their own little absence. The problem was that the house help never messed with my sisters but he messed with me. I can recall that my sisters will undress in front of him, have their baths, do all sorts of stuffs but he had to feelings towards those actions but when I undress or have my bath whenever he is present, he was always so uncomfortable.
He fumbled with my private parts most of the times and because I was young I didn't understand what that meant. I should be about 8 years of age at that time or less and one day when I was alone with him in the house, he raped me. It was a very painful ordeal and I remembered that he bought me a lot of goodies just to make me stop crying which I did after a while. He carefully orchestrated sex between both of us for the next 4 years without my parents or sisters ever knowing and although it wasn't regular but it steered something inside of me.
I instantly thought sex was meant to be between two guys and not until I got into the university that I got a rude shock. I tried to woo another guy in my 300 level and he publicly disgraced me. When I told my sister two years ago about my childhood sexual experience with affiong our house help, she didn't believe me. She said I was trying to spoil the guys name because he is still close to the family and he also got married and as I hear, he is even a pastor. It is a tough life to live because many times I consider suicide but because of the training we all got from my father. I can’t even bring myself to tell my parents about the experience and my sister that I told is because we are very close and I know she can keep my secrets even from my other sisters.
I am in serious and dire situation because I can’t fall in love with a lady like my friends would. I am only interested in a guy to guy relationship and I am surprised how people are so hardwired against such mentality. I naturally live in darkness, shame and depression coupled with the new frenzy going on in the country and the senseless anti-LGBT laws.
I need answers; I need to come out from this shell I have lived for more than 20 years. I need to feel loved like any other person in the world. What do I do? Where do I go? Please I need answers.

N:B from mikeatols.blogspot.com

Please leave your comments in the box. Use your google+ or google mail to sign in and help our reader get the answers he needs. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment