Tuesday 4 March 2014

FA CHARGES PARDEW


Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has been charged with improper conduct by the Football Association after head butting Hull midfielder David Meyler. Continue reading to watch the VIDEO

He has until 6 March to contest the charge, which could lead to a long ban.
With the Magpies 3-1 up, Pardew was angered when 24-year-old Meyler shoved past him in an attempt to retrieve the ball to take a throw-in.
The pair came together, with the former Reading, West Ham, Charlton and Southampton boss pushing his head into the face of the Hull player, before Pardew was sent from the touchline.
In September 2012, Pardew was fined £20,000 and given a two match ban for pushing assistant referee Peter Kirkup in a 2-1 win over Tottenham.

After Saturday's match, the Newcastle boss said: "I did not mean any damage to the guy but I have moved my head forward. I tried to push him away with my head.
Analys
"I apologise to everyone. I should not have got involved. I don't think it was a headbutt. It wasn't a motion that was quick."

Pardew has been in charge of Newcastle since December 2010, winning 59 of 152 games in all competitions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment