Tuesday 20 May 2014

A PASTOR DESTROYED MY LIFE; SHOULD I DESTROY HIS TOO?


He stands on the altar of God, his voice bellowing through the heavy microphone speakers, his belly almost pushing away the belt that holds his trousers. Today he’s preaching about fornication and adultery
. But I can’t stand this. I can’t sit here and act like I don’t have guilt in my conscience piercing through my soul as his eyes finds mine in the congregation. He turns away quickly whenever our eyes met and after few minutes, I had to stand up from my seat and make for the toilet. I can’t continue listening to his lies and deceits.

wasn't pressed physically but inside my spirit I was hyper pressed. How can this man who calls himself a Pastor be bold to preach about what he doesn't practice? How can he blatantly ignore his conscience and talk against what he does all the time? What he does to me and the other lady I caught in his office pants down just 2 days ago? I’m devastated! How many ladies in this church of his would he have sweet mouthed and slept with just like he did to me.

Let me start my story from the beginning. My name is shade (not real name) and I live on Odunjo Street, aguda surulere Lagos. My father attends a very popular church in aguda called (mikeatols removed the name of the church) and he is an elder in the church. I was 18 years of age when my father became very broke and couldn't afford to cater for my needs and my siblings. I am the first so I had to try and seek for help because sometimes it was hard to even eat in the house.

Thank God my father built a house maybe we could have been homeless as well. I was just out of secondary school so I needed to write jamb since I already made SSCE. I went to a lot of people and most of them just wanted to sleep with me. Even one of my uncles I went to see started fumbling with my breast so I told him I will report him to my dad. He pleaded with me that I shouldn’t but that I should come back and collect the money. He avoided me since then. It was getting very close to the exam date and I was really scared that I won’t write jamb so I was even more desperate.

Some of my mates that we choose same school and we were supposed to enter university together had already filled their forms, attended coaching classes and readied themselves while I had not even bought the form. I was so angry with my dad and I told myself that the next person that will ask for sex in place of money for my exams I will gladly give my virginity to him. At this point in time I had started missing rehearsals since I was in youth choir and I wasn’t even regular in normal service.

Now read this. While I was growing up, especially at the age of 16 – 20 years, I was very very pretty. Every guy that saw me wanted to date me or have sexual relationships with me. Guys came in droves and I was super confused as to what they want. But they all want sex before they give me any monetary assistant but I was trying to be careful not to give it to the wrong person.

So on this fateful Saturday, I just got out of my troubled state of mind of depression and decided to go for rehearsals. As I stepped into church and walked into the hall where my peers were, a friend came to me and told me that bishop was calling me (that’s the name we call our pastor). I was surprised because though my father was a devout member of his church, he had never shown particular interest in me, although I sense sometimes that he stares at me whenever he preaches.

So I after rehearsals I stepped into his large office well air-conditioned. He was watching a programme on TV. He asked me to sit and asked why I have been absent from church for almost two weeks. I couldn’t even look at his face because he was a man I revered so much. When he saw that I couldn’t answer him audibly, he stood up, went to the door, locked it and held my hands. He told me to sit on his legs which I did. He spoke a lot that day but none was entering my mind but the fact that I was sitting on my bishop’s legs in his office. I didn’t know what to think.

After I told him that my exams was 2 weeks away and I hadn’t registered, he bought out money from his drawer and gave me N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira) instantly. He told me to put the money on his desk because he had something important to discuss with me. I did!

He started talking to me about some kind of grace that comes from a big man of God like him. That he was not supposed to keep the anointing inside and not share it with someone like me. That if I allow him he will share that anointing with me and everything that I want in life God will provide it because I now carry his own anointing. I was perplexed! I didn’t know what to think. Is he also trying to sleep with me? This is the Pastor in my church were my father is an elder; is he going to sleep with me?

I was too powerless to stop him. He was a big man, drives a big car and lives in a big house. He was affluent, wealthy, and an important figure in the society, if he was interested in me I should be happy… or shouldn’t I? All these questions flooded my heart as it raced with pulsating pace but before I knew what was happening my bra was flunged in the air and my clothes were off. I couldn’t even stop him from doing what he was about to do. So he had his way right there in his office blood all over the table and carpet. He was ready for me; lubricants and anti-pregnancy drugs all in his office. I couldn’t believe what my eyes and body was witnessing.

I wrote the exams but failed it. He continued to be a consistent thorn in my flesh, the bishop, having sex with me whenever he wanted and wherever. How his wife who was also a pastor didn’t know was above me. The bishop’s daughter came back from the US were she went to study and always looked at me with disdain. I wasn’t sure if she knew about my affair with her daddy. We were of same age.
Now I am 26 years of age, with no university degree. I just loaf around after I had allowed Bishop Randy Man to have his way with me for 8 years relying on all his promises to me that he had connections in Abuja and that I should not worry I will get admission into the University. Look at me now, no university degree, no hand work, no future.

As I stepped into his office without knocking (since his secretary knows I have direct access or maybe in a bit to punish him since they knew another girl was inside) there he was pants down and on another girl, just almost same age as I was when he had sex with me. I didn’t know if the anger inside was because I allowed him use me or that I am now witnessing him defiling another teenage girl because of my eternal silence. He pleaded and begged me not to tell anyone. He sent N100, 000 into my account (I have been asking him for money to start business for a while and he didn’t give me, was just promising me).

And here he was this Sunday morning, pontificating with a sermon on fornication and adultery.

What should I do? Report him to the council of elders where my father is also a member or rattle him out to the whole world? Since I am a reader of MAB, I decided to share it here.


Please help me, what should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment