Friday 31 October 2014

If You win $4 Million Dollars, What will You do?


Imagine you wake up one morning and got the news that you just won $4 million? What will be your reaction? When I calculated that in Nigerian Naira, we got N640 million (N640, 000, 000.00) at the rate of N160 per dollar. WOW! My first reaction was that, ‘that is the budget of some states in Nigeria for the month and imagine the overheads and capital projects they need to pay for?’, lol.


So I stumbled on this story on Yahoo this morning as I opened my mail and the lady, Deisi Ocampo, got a surprise birthday present from her dad in the unassuming gift of a lottery ticket.

I rarely play the lottery,” Ocampo, 19, of Chicago, wrote to ABC News. “My dad buys tickets once in a while and thought it would fun to get me two tickets for my birthday.” So she didn’t think much about it until she scratched the tickets and saw that she, the birthday girl had won $4 million dollars. You can imagine the kind of joy that will saturate her heart.

She said, “this is the best birthday ever!” She called her father who also didn’t believe her. He asked if she had won ‘$500’ but when the 19 years old Ocampo told him $4 million, she said her dad thought she was teasing him. “He couldn’t believe it,” Ocampo explained of her dad’s reaction. “He thought I was teasing him. When I told him I had won, he asked if it was $500, and I said, ‘No $4 million!’

So if you win $4 million today, what will you do? I can’t even imagine what I will do. But the 19 years old Ocampo remained grounded in her mentality and was modest about her new found status. She said, ““I will share with my dad so he can buy a new home for my mom, dad and sister. I plan to use a portion to pay for college since I want to become a nurse and take care of babies.”


So what will you do if you win $4 million dollars?

You can find the full story here

No comments:

Post a Comment