Monday 10 March 2014

OVER-HYPED ONLINE SHOP LOSES TO SLEEK MARKETING

I am a lover of online buying and selling. On OLX alone, I have sold over 7 cars, several mobile phones and I am about to sell my TV (Yea, I got a new flat screen over the weekend).
I love online business, my business have thrived so much with online deals, even people that I don't know call me and we do business (That's so cool).


Online shops have cropped up everywhere; Jumia, Konga, Buyam, Kaymu, Deeski and a host of others all jostling to sell to the upwardly mobile young guys and babes. They come up with strategies just to get our attention and sometimes I wonder how these coy make money. Not that I care really but I also care because I like to understand new trends and its implications.
All over the place, you will find erected massive billboards of Jumia (most especially) and Konga harassing our mentality, it's almost like a race between these two online shop giants; a race trying to find out who can outwit or out-advertise each other.

It's fun to watch them squabble.  I chatted with one of my blackberry contact whom I suddenly found out that she was pro-Jumia (because she keeps bombarding me with broadcast of Jumia and their endless sales) and she told me she was a contract sales marketing executive. Meaning? She doesn't work in the one storey building company inside of Lekki Phase 1 but she gets her own commission for every customer she brings.

I love online shopping because of the freedom to shop and not be harangued (I was heavily harangued in Alaba Intl Market over the weekend, GOSH!!!). Also, as much as I love to shop online, it's the massive online haranguing that makes it hard for me to buy from the popular Konga or Jumia. They make it sickening just to watch or listen to them advertise on all the airwaves available.

It's almost as if I am being stalked! I hate it when someone stalks me, we all hate it.
So, rather than buy from Jumia or Konga, I rather buy from BUYAM! Yeah, you heard me, BUYAM. The company is so sleek and their online customer interface is so easy to use. I am sure you haven't seen or heard them so much but what they do (services they render) is of top quality.

I have come to realise that it's the empty barrels that make the loudest noise and that's what tends to push me away from such online shops that thinks over-hyping helps. Over-hype kills every ounce of mystery I need left to love your product, services or goods. So, Jumia markets, Buyam sells! How did I know that? Because I am a heavy online shopping customer but I have only shopped always on BUYAM.COM.NG (I bought my Arsenal jersey and delivered my Valentine gift(s) through BUYAM), I give them my like finger (thumbs up).
N.B:

 Bugatti doesn't advertise, do they? (I mean the traditional advertisement style) NO! But they sell. Quality can locate quality, whether it is service or goods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment