Friday 14 March 2014

…WHEN YOU ARE LATE

I woke up this morning realising that I had woken up three times in the night to go to the toilet. *coversface*. My boss' wife celebrated her birthday yesterday and the cake was just too sweet to ignore. I ate a handful and didn't need a soothsayer to tell me that I am going to be in 'soup'.

I love cake so much, I can beg for it. So any sight of it is weakness for me. But that is not even the gist.
So I woke up quiet late and was so weak to take my bath. I did and by the time I got to the bus stop, I knew I wasn't going to make it to the office early. My boss had started rewarding people who have been coming early and I was actually surprised I didn't make that list. I would have called in sick but I already did that last 4 weeks. I don’t like looking like a sissy.
So I got to the bus stop and of course in my mind I knew I was going to be super late today but… well, that should be his wife's fault not mine. Why did she bring so much cake to the office? It seemed like the cake wasn't going to finish. I kept eating and they kept giving me.
I love etiquette and all that kind of stuff but when it comes to cake, I just don’t remember all of 'em any more.
So I got to the bus stop and after I left aguda for ojuelegba, ALAS, I came in contact with this danfo guy. He was super crazy! I mean really super duper massive intense crazy to drive the way he did. Oh my World!
He drove with the fury of a rabid dog and the intense of a man whose wife was caught on another woman.
But I liked it!
Hahahaha… you see, I was late. I needed that kind of miracle. I am usually very cautious and I run my mouth on such drivers when I come across them (trust me, this was madder than most of them) but this morning, I didn’t open my lips to ask him to stop though my soul and spirit wanted to. The only person that heard my voice was God because all I did was pray to Him to accept my filthy soul in case I die in this bus. It was that bad!
He went into the tiniest of spaces between trucks and trailers. He didn’t remember bus stops any longer and all the commuters were really mad with him except I.
I was at ojuelegba by 7:35am but when I alighted at leventis bus stop and checked my time, it was 7:49am. This is a miracle!
So, when you are late and you don’t want to be, you want to meet such drivers and just hope in the danger of his madness, there is a hand that can hold you and keep your soul from leaving your body.

But I guess it is also better to be late than to be late? Hmmm, I don’t wish to board such a bus in my life again, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment