Monday 10 March 2014

TGIM - THANK GOD IT'S MONDAY

Today's journey started on a sour note. I ran my generator all through last night and I had to keep late night just to switch it off by 12am.

I slept around 12:15am (of course that was the last time I remembered I was awake, no one can surely say when s/he sleeps, I mean the exact time) and I was hoping PHCN will bring back power in the middle of the night.

To my dismay, power wasn't restored and I battled the heat on my 6 inches woodless mattress. The truth is, I hate heat. I prefer mosquitoes to heat. I frequented the rug and my bed about 5 times just to find comfort for my weary body.

It was hell really and I hate my Mondays to start on a heatie... LoL (I got my first laugh just writing the word heatie). So as I dress up very early and as I stepped out 7am on the dot, PHCN restored power. Oh, yeah, I made that sound you just made too. It's that crazy and by 10th of the month, a new bill will be generated asking us to pay ludicrous money for power unused. It's the Nigeria we all reside.

But I refuse to be sad. I like Mondays. It's that time that reminds you of work to be done. It sets you up for the week and whatever you achieve that day can make or mar your week. So I decided to stay positive. I have videos to shoot, write ups to make and brain to rack; I just need to stay positive.

I love Mondays. It helps to make you wake into work. You leave behind the fun of the weekend (That is if you are not someone like me that work for myself on Saturdays too) and set yourself into what will productively enhance your life.
I know a lot of people won't accept because they prefer TGIF (Thank God it's Friday) but ask them if they want to remain idle and not work since they prefer the weekends and they will reply in the non-affirmative... LoL.


TGIM, Thank God it's Monday because I love what I do. The weekend itself takes away the fun for me. Don't get me wrong, I need breaks and we all need it but that break only helps me refuel and re-fired for the new week that I love so much when it's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment