Thursday 26 June 2014

WE ARE BARREN YET MY WIFE DON’T WANT A CHILD


Please help me plead with my wife MAB readers. I have been married to her for 12 years now and we don’t have any child of ours. We have tried everything physical and even spiritual yet we have no issue.


We got married despite her mother’s blessing and for 12 years I have been trying to get her mom to love and bless our union but she hasn’t. She relaxed her stance when her husband died but have not really accepted me as her son-in-law. People say this is the reason for our barrenness and that until she blesses us, we will not have a child but I don’t want to believe that.

The reason her mother didn’t accept me as a son in law is simply because I am an Edo man and my wife, their daughter is a Yoruba woman. Her father (before he died) and other folks from her family accepted me but just the mother hasn’t completely done that and although its 12 years it still bothers me.

We have been frequenting the hospital for years now and the doctors have said we are okay enough to have kids but he can’t really say why we haven’t produced a baby. You see, I am a Christian but I don’t want to believe that anyone is directly involved spiritually or physically with our barrenness. I want to believe that.

I have also told my wife to allow us go IVF because the doctor has assured us that if we try it we have a 60% chance of getting pregnant but she has insisted that we will get pregnant the conventional way. I am not even asking her to go to an herbalist or something bad; I’m only asking that we do it through intravenous means so that we can have our own bundle of joy.


Please MAB readers, help me beg her. I know she reads this blog regularly so help me speak some senses into her because I just want to try every means possible for us to have our own biological child.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder why some women are so backward in their approach to child birth and marriage. If your husband says she wants something you better give him before he searches for it somewhere else

    ReplyDelete