Wednesday 30 April 2014

A PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHT




The best time to write is when you desperately feel like not writing. When you think you have nothing more to say/write. The best time to do that thing that gives you joy is to do it even when sorrow lurks around. That is how I feel this morning; exhausted, tired, exacerbated (oh really? Is that how I really feel? #exageratedthoughts)
The reasons for feeling this way cannot even be explained by me because deep inside of me I am beginning to enjoy and find fulfillment in life.
I have a great job; not that it pays a lot but it makes me do what I want to do and still gives me time to do the other stuffs I want to do (you get the drift, right?). I’ve got a great relationship, one that I am extremely happy I started. I’ve got a great ministry that is growing in leaps and bounds (though challenges are meant to be the hurdles and springboard). It seems, for the first time in my adult life, that I am gallivanting towards something really interesting and rewarding.

So, why am I sad?

Ok, not that I am sad but I feel like not writing.

Why do I feel like I don’t want to write, though writing gives me so much joy?
It’s complicatedly awesome. It’s the blow life gives. The natural man is never consistent. The effervescent life comes from the depth, sometimes, of despair. Despair evoked by nothingness. If you ask most people why they are sad, moody, dejected or just walking face akimbo; many will give you economic reasons, the death of a close relative, job lose, disrespect from a surbodinate and so many more.
What if none of these reasons are available, yet you are sad? (Like seriously? I said I am not SAD). Ok this feeling that has no nomenclature but isn’t the happy feeling, yet everything around you signifies happiness. What is that called?

It’s not depression of course. I am not depressed. It is not sadness as my alter ego wants me to believe. Could it be Post Happiness Syndrome? PHS?
Yes it could. You get so happy the next thing is to become sad for all the good things happening in your life. Don’t get me wrong, I am not sad. I am not close to being sad. Every day I wake up, I am the most grateful to the Supreme Being for sparing my life. I look back into my life and the prospects ahead of me, even as I write now, makes me cringe cause my future so bright, I can’t even stare.

So what is the problem MR.?
A penny for your thought readers! Hahahahahahaha… there’s  no problem whatsoever. I just needed to write something because I ran out of clue, and this? Gave me the jump start I needed.
Thanks for reading and BYEEEE.
Oh, wait a minute. Stay tuned for my next article. It won’t be this boring I promise. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment