Thursday 27 March 2014

YOU HOLD THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS

So I had this topic in my head as I boarded the bus this morning, flipped open my phone and saw the poignant picture of Pharell Williams asking me clap along if I am happy.  I have made up mind to ALWAYS be happy no matter whose ox is gored. Now mark the word I capitalise on; ALWAYS and not HAPPY.

The reason is because I can be happy most of the time if good things happen around me but the most important thing is to be happy when the bad happens too. So ALWAYS is the key word here for me. Psychologist also found out that substantial amount of our happiness in life depends on our ability to focus on the positives.
Now you know why I said we all hold the key to our own happiness. Your happiness does not lie with your husband, wife, work, career, children, religion or government; they lie with ONLY you. External factors sometimes give to us the unbelievable shit in life, internal factors determines how you take the shit and turn it into manure.  So in other words, don’t let people, circumstances or places determine how happy you will be in life, let the inner peace that comes from a place of conscious determination to remain positive be your guiding light.

You lose your work, so? You lost your money, so? Your husband left you, so? You caught your wife cheating, so? You know I can go on and on and on about the SO? So, don’t stay at that bus stop for too long, get into your car, put it in drive and zoom off. You hold the key to you own happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment