Monday 24 March 2014

H.U.G.S (HELPING US GROW SPIRITUALLY)

Okay, so I got into the office today and I had a million and one things to write but I thought I should grab some information from the internet before I write; it's the ritual really. So I caught this short movie-mentary about reactions dished out to innocent by-standers who witness hate treatment or discrimination.

It is an emotional view for me because I am very much against cheating and hate treatment from one fellow to another and in this movie-mentary, actors plays the role and innocent by-standers are awed or irritated by the one dishing out hate to another.
Let me go straight to what caught my attention. This black barber shop in upper Harlem, a predominantly black suburban area, a black brings his white girlfriend into the barbershop and a black female barber keeps on hate-cursing the white chick. Some customers could not just take it; while some spoke out, others were uncomfortably silent. The one that really caught my attention is the last gay elderly lady that used the acronym H.U.G.S which means Helping Us grow Spiritually and she said that’s what works for us.
When she uttered the last phrase, all I could think of was 12 Years a Slave (You get what I mean right?) and my eyes were filled with carefully forced back tears (Yea, I am in the office now, can't be crying here peeps). So in those little words merged into a phrase, I heard much. Shall we say; We have gotten the sword, it is time to ask who killed my father (owo mi ti te eku ida, kin wa beere eni ti o pa baba mi), that is a popular proverb in the Yoruba race which means: as soon as you get power to revenge, how soon do you revenge your father's death?
The hate, apartheid, feudist tendencies and slavery the black race experienced in the hands of the white race, is it enough to say, okay, now we are free and have such powers that even transcends to the presidency of the most powerful nation of the world; lets revenge? I say NO! Yesterday I wrote on Putin and his Russia and their deadly alliance, such that exhibit crude force to solve a neighbouring sociopolitical crisis and the first thing that came to my mind is, SHAME ON YOU PUTIN! If for any reason(s) the blacks in America discriminates or imbues racist slurs and hate curses, hey, I am outta here!
For no reason should we give an eye for an eye. Whatever bad deeds done in the past should be left in the past and in the word of the late Nelson Mandela "I detest racism because I regard it as a barbaric thing  whether it comes from a white man or a black man".  I also detest racism, show of brute force (whether it comes from Russia or USA) and the likes of all anti-humane tendencies.
I believe in H.U.G.S, I believe we can all share one commonality which is in the HUGS we give each other Helping Ourselves to Grow Spiritually. It is hard, the world is a dark place and we have a lot of sad despondently sickly insane people who benefit from a chaotic world (Yea, it is as real in the cinema as it is in reality. Where do you think those movies come from?). it is not in my place to help them, it is in my place to help the redeemables, which I hope is YOU.

Have a splendid day today!

You can get to watch the movie-mentary here!

No comments:

Post a Comment